The project Mantoudi-Skiathos Interconnection concerns the design, supply and installation of a single circuit 150kV AC Submarine and Underground Transmission Line for the interconnection of Skiathos Island to the Evia Island (Mantoudi), adjacent to Greek mainland.
The transmission line is situated in Skiathos Municipality, Magnisia Regional Unit (Thessalia) and in Istiaia – Aidipsos Municipality, Evia Regional Unit (Central Greece). The full length of the provisionally selected submarine cable route is approximately 30,000m and the maximum sea depth encountered is approximately 260m.
Fulgor has awarded ASSO a contract for the execution of activities of submarine cable laying, landing and protection.
ASSO’s scope of work included:
- Preparation activities // Mobilization activities
- Cable loading & transportation
- Pre-excavation – Onshore
- Pre-excavation - Nearshore/Shallow
- Pre-lay (visual ROV) Survey
- Pre-lay mattresses supply & installation
- Onshore pull-in
- Half shell polyurethane ducts supply & installation
- CIS supply & installation
- Post Lay Burial by means of Trenching – Nearshore/Shallow
- Post Lay Burial by means of Jetting – Offshore/Deep
- Post Lay Burial by means of Trenching – Offshore/Deep
- AssoJet III
- AssoTrencher IV Mk9 (deep water)
- AssoTrencher V Mk3 (shallow water)
- AssoMat I
- Atom ROV
- XIV & XV Workboats