The Cyclades Phase B project consists of two interconnections, one between Paros and Naxos and one between Naxos and Mykonos.
The Paros-Naxos interconnection has a maximum sea depth of approximately 60 meters and the length of the indicative route is 7.1 km for the submarine section plus approximately 3,050m for the underground section on Paros shore and 100m for the underground section on Naxos shore.
The Naxos-Mykonos interconnection has a maximum sea depth of approximately 110 meters and the length of the indicative route is 44.7 km for the submarine section plus 100m for the underground section on Naxos shore and 420m for the underground section on Mykonos shore.
IPTO requested an AC Power and an Optical Cables System consisting of:
- 1x three‐core AC 150kV XLPE Submarine Cable (3x1x300 mm² cross‐section);
- 1x Interstitial Optical Submarine Cable (inside the corresponding power cable);
- 3x single‐core Land cables of corresponding power transmission capability;
- 1x Optical Land Cable and all other necessary equipment (Sealing ends, transition joints, etc.), for the full completion of the link.
Fulgor S.A. has awarded ASSO a contract for the execution of cable laying, landing and protection of the submarine cable.
ASSO’s scope of work included:
- Preparation Activities // Mobilization Activities
- Cable Loading & Transportation
- Pre-excavation - Onshore
- Pre-excavation - Nearshore/Shallow Waters
- Pre-lay (MBES/visual ROV) Survey
- Pre-lay Mattresses Installation
- Pre-lay Grapnel Run Operations
- Cable Lay Operations
- Half Shell Polyurethane Ducts Installation
- Cast Iron Shells Installation
- Post Lay Burial Operations - Onshore and Nearshore
- Post Lay Burial Operations up to 30m w.d.
- AssoTrencher V Mk3
- AssoMat I
- Atom I