The Kafireas project concerns the interconnection of 16 Wind Farms located at the southern part of Evia Island (southeast of Karystos) to the Hellenic mainland Power Grid at Pallini EHV Center (Attica region). The interconnection will be configured by a 150kV power line, which will be split in two independently operating circuits.
The project is divided in two (2) Phases and cable routes, phase 1 (RK2 - south cable) and phase 2 (RK1 - north cable).
Fulgor S.A. has awarded ASSO a contract for the execution of geophysical/geotechnical survey, cable laying, landing and protection of the above-mentioned RK2 submarine cable of approximately 45km length.
ASSO’s scope of work included:
- Cable Loading Operation
- Pre – Lay Mattresses Installation
- Pre – Lay Grapnel Run Operations
- Onshore and nearshore pre -lay excavation works
- Cable Lay operations
- Post – Lay Mattresses Installation
- Post – Lay Burial Operations – Onshore and Nearshore
- Post – Lay Burial Operations - Offshore
Vessel / Equipment used
- AssoTrencher IV
- Venom 3k – 600T
- AssoMat I
- Hitachi EX – 225USR land excavator
- Long reach crawler type land excavator
- AssoJet I