The Cyclades project consists of the interconnection of Syros, Tinos, Mykonos and Paros with the mainland power grid through the Lavrio station, which will be operated by IPTO (Independent Power Transmission Operator), known as ADMHE the Transmission System Operator of the Greek electricity system.
The project was divided into 4 parts (lots):
- The submarine and underground interconnection between Lavrio - Syros (Lot A)
- The submarine and underground interconnection between Syros – Tinos – Mykonos - Paros, as well as the supply and installation of 3 cable sealing ends at Tinos substation (Lot B)
- The construction of the substation, including the connection with the with the existing
- High Voltage Station in Lavrio and the construction of the substations at Syros, Mykonos and Paros (Lot C)
- The installation of one “SVC” system in Syros substation (Lot D)
Prysmian Group has awarded Assodivers Group for the supply and installation of buoys works included in Lot A. More specifically, the work concerns the installation of four (4) buoys at Lavrio landing to indicate the presence of the cable due to the existence of an anchoring/mooring area in the vicinity of the cable path, in order to prevent any potential hazard.
Vessel / Equipment used
- AssoJet III (in ROV surveillance mode)
- Astrea ’s Crane